Resistant form of SE.DLL that kills Adaware, Norton AV 2005 AND Microsoft AntiSpy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by testing_h, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. testing_h

    testing_h Guest

    Hi there.

    This is a beast! I cannot seem to remove it even using the removal
    tool.
    Symptoms:-
    Ad-aware crashes with an unknown error
    Microsoft Antispyware runs but won't let you do a scan, comes up with a
    blank window.
    Norton AV 2005 won't even install from the CD
    AVG won't complete install (unknown error)
    Spybot detects it but can't remove it (reappears on restart)

    I tried the removal tool but this had no effect, giving an error in its
    exe file on restart of PC.

    System:- Windows XP SP2, fully patched.

    Anyone?

    -A

    testing_h, Aug 17, 2005

  2. try here
    http://www.androidworld.com/prod91.htm
    or
    http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?se
    chas

    Charles D Pratt, Aug 17, 2005

  3. testing_h

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it.Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to
    see it not them.

    HijackThis

    pcbutts1, Aug 17, 2005
  4. testing_h

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Boot into safe mode to do your scans.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 17, 2005
  5. testing_h

    Harrison Guest

    Have you turned off System Restore?
    Are you running the scans from Safe Mode? Always a good idea.
    Have you tried attaching the drive to a good computer running updated detection and removal software?
    Have you tried booting to an external OS like Super Win PE, or a command prompt, and deleting the files from there?
    Have you tried manual removal?
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/trojan.startpage.m.html

    Harrison, Aug 17, 2005