    Some of the above have poor online reviews floating around - I wonder if there are any better ones.

    Cheers
    JohnO

    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012

  2. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    Don't even bother, folks! NZPost does this - "youshop"

    Way cheaper than the other services!

    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012

  3. JohnO

    Gordon Guest

    Those that do not? yes?

    Shit, now you have let the cat out of the bag! ;-)

    Or are you in advertising mode?

    Seriously, if one needed reshipping services in a global economy (spot the
    irony) then I would see if one's country offered the service, if and only if
    I wished to keep some to the cost of the service in the country.

    Gordon, Nov 30, 2012
  4. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?
    How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) arenot available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusivedistribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local supplier.

    JohnO, Nov 30, 2012
  5. JohnO

    Seagull Guest

    "JohnO"

    "JohnO" wrote in message

    Why on earth would you think I would be advertising for NZPost?
    How odd. I couldn't care less if the cost is kept in the country. I'm more
    interested in the service being reliable, timely and well priced.

    I often find that items I want (in this case the new Kindle Paperwhite) are
    not available in NZ and not available to be shipped to NZ due to exclusive
    distribution agreements. However with this shipping service I can get one
    sent here for around the price of the old generation Kindle from a local
    supplier.

    "JohnO" I was thinking along the same lines as you but then I read the 1
    star reviews on Amazons own site.
    http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Paperw...?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
    It seems there are a rather high failure rate on this paperwhite display.
    The hassle and cost of returning the reader to USA if I got a dud was too
    much to contemplate.

    Seagull, Nov 30, 2012
  6. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    Interesting. Amazon stopped supplying them this month, and none are being shipped until around 21 Dec. Maybe they had to recall a bad batch or go back and resolve a manufacturing fault?

    JohnO, Dec 1, 2012
  7. JohnO

    Mike Dee Guest

    We've used Shipito for a few years now. Have found them to be reliable,
    quick turnaround and reasonable (price-wise).

    <http://www.shipito.com/>

    Mike Dee, Dec 1, 2012