    internet access. When the notebook was new it came right up on the network.
    Is there a way that I can just reset the wireless setup back to the way it
    was right out of the box?

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltNzg5?=, Oct 29, 2005

  2. "Jim789" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a winXP Pro notebook which worked fine on my home wifi until I
    >changed
    > my desktop and my router. They are working fine now but my notebook has
    > no
    > internet access. When the notebook was new it came right up on the
    > network.
    > Is there a way that I can just reset the wireless setup back to the way it
    > was right out of the box?

    Sounds like there's some security or compatibility issue. Check the network
    settings on your notebook to make sure they're in sync with those of your
    new router-- i.e., channel number, WEP/WPA, MAC, etc.

    Pat

    Patrick Cleburne, Oct 30, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SmltNzg5?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    It is Not a matter of resetting but rather reconfiguring the Laptop and the
    Newer Wireless Routers to have matched settings.
    You have to start from Scratch and build up the settings.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 31, 2005