    "handrolically" to avoid duplicate filenames.

    Thanks for any help on this. This ng is always a valuable resource of
    info!

    pIxEL8teD_nITs, Nov 24, 2004

  2. pIxEL8teD_nITs

    Ron Baird Guest

    Greetings Pixel,

    There is no way to do this via scripts, etc. Rather, that kind of action is
    a part of the firmware. Kodak has included a progressive numbering feature
    to protect you from overwriting files. Since you have three cameras, and
    you want to save the pictures into the same area, you might try setting the
    download feature for each of them so they load into different directories.
    You can setup directories that are exactly the same save for the last name,
    i.e. Camera1, Camera2, and Camera3. This way you can separate your images
    to prevent duplication.

    Also, EasyShare Software will bring in your images chronologically. So,
    they will be different even if they have the same name.

    Another solution to your problem is to get a card reader. Remove the card
    from each of your cameras and simply drag and drop the images in the folders
    related to each of the cameras. Easy to do, and again it will resolve your
    issues. I would think this to be easiest way to separate them.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Nov 27, 2004