    Sometime I am getting a popup that said "Spyware". How can I block this? I
    can not get their web address to enter in my "restricted site"

    Any ideas?

    Paul, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Paul

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Google for and download, then update and run both of the following:
    Ad Aware 6
    CWShredder

    You have something on your computer that needs to be removed.

    DeMoN LaG, Jul 15, 2004

  3. Paul

    PLS Guest

    If that doesn't work, go to the microsoft server
    at msnews.microsoft.com and join the
    microsoft.public.security.virus group.
    Do a find; there are lots of posts about this problem.

    PLS, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Paul

    Thor Guest

    Aside from Demon's suggestions, depending on the variant of Coolwebsearch
    that is infecting your machine, you may need to use a manual removal method.
    The "about:blank" CWsearch parasite can be very difficult to remove. It may
    appear to be gone after using CWShredder and other tools, but may return
    after a few reboots. If this is the case, go to one of these links and try
    the removal methods shown. I'll warn you though, they can be fairly complex
    if you aren't accustomed to registry editing, and using things like the
    windows recovery console.

    http://computercops.biz/article-5199-nested-0-0.html

    http://www.akadia.com/services/about_blank_virus.html

    Thor, Jul 15, 2004
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Thank you everyone, I did the steps as outlined by "DeMoN LaG", It does work
    for now.

    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Paul

    ProfGene Guest

    I have never used it but I have heard there is a program called hijackthis
    and you might try it.

    ProfGene, Jul 20, 2004