    MC Guest

    I can not remember but seems that there was some command that would
    default specific section in a config, like interfaces, etc....

    MC, Nov 11, 2006

  2. MC

    Thomas Pani Guest

    Is there a way to reset a Cisco router to factory defaults (aka erase
    start, reload) w/o the need to reboot? (like PIX/ASA do with 'clear
    configure all'.)

    Thomas Pani, Nov 11, 2006

  3. MC

    Bod43 Guest

    Not that I am aware of except that you could clearly
    reset all of the configuration elements back to their factory
    state.

    On the other hand I can find no reason to need that facility
    other than to save the time to reboot.

    Bod43, Nov 11, 2006
  4. MC

    itstime Guest

    nope. the only option that i can think of would be to "default interface"
    under each interface - you'd still need to clear out the global stuff
    though.

    itstime, Nov 12, 2006
  5. MC

    Mike Jones Guest

    create a default config and save it in flash as blank-config or something.
    thrn you could do a copy blank-config run..

    Mike Jones, Nov 12, 2006
  6. MC

    Brian V Guest

    That will only merge the 2 configs, not over write the current running. No
    way I know of to do it shy of completely mirroring the config, ie no ip
    route x.x.x.x or the simple wr erase and reload. You can do the interfaces
    pretty easy, "default interface <blah>".

    Brian V, Nov 12, 2006