    I've finally settled on a card that works well and I'm going to keep. I want
    and want to reset the network "counter" to 1 or 2. Any idea how to do that?

    Doc

    J.H. Holliday, Jun 10, 2005

  2. J.H. Holliday

    Pavel A. Guest

    Boot in safe mode (or add environment variable DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1 )
    Run device manager. Click View, Show hidden devices.
    Then you should see all the cards you don't use.
    Click on them one by one and select Remove.

    Be very careful not to remove anything other.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 10, 2005

  3. J.H. Holliday

    Quaoar Guest

    You can also simply rename the connection to your preference.

    Quaoar, Jun 10, 2005
  4. I looked in the device manager (in both safe mode and regular) and only saw
    one of the previous cards there-- and got an error message (can't uninstall
    this-- needed to boot the computer) which made no sense to me.

    J.H. Holliday, Jun 11, 2005
  5. J.H. Holliday

    Pavel A. Guest

    Ok then you don't have a build-up of stale driver instances, that's good.
    So you can just rename your connections as Quaoar suggests.

    --PA

    Pavel A., Jun 11, 2005