    the old ink levels...

    It is a Dell 922 All-In-One.

    Thanks in advance for any tips you can provide.

    Hot Meal, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Hot Meal

    Maybe Guest

    You may find some comfort in knowing that I've researched this subject a
    wee bit. See my header dated 9/15 at about 4 p.m. Let me know if you
    find better information.

    Maybe, Sep 22, 2005

  3. Hot Meal

    don ward Guest

    You may be interested to know that the Dell, HP and others do not
    measure the level of the ink in the cartridge!!!
    It is an abstract display based on the number of pages printed not
    amount of ink in cartridge...
    I refill mine all time by drilling a small hole in the top front of the
    ink cartridge to insert the refill needle and about ever 50-100 pages i
    squirt a syringe full of ink into the appropriate color holes.
    Mine keeps telling me im out of ink LOL but has been printing out of
    ink for at least 3-4 months.
    Hope this helps

    dnw

    don ward, Sep 22, 2005
  4. Hot Meal

    Maybe Guest

    Yeah, Don, it does help. It would be nice, however, to no longer get
    that irritating pop-up. My last purchase of ink from Dell cost me more
    than the printer originally cost. But the printer is a good one!

    Maybe, Sep 22, 2005