    how can i reset hardware factory defaults on a Cisco Catalyst 2930
    without using a cable?

    thanks

    papers.box, Feb 16, 2006

  2. You could enter the command:

    "wr erase"
    and then do a reload

    the_jonesboys_posse, Feb 16, 2006

  3. papers.box

    papers.box Guest

    Thanks Jones...

    But i can't telnet the switch because i don't know its ip.

    byez

    papers.box, Feb 16, 2006
  4. Hi,

    so why don´t you connect via console cable ? ;-)
    There´s no other way to be at least connected to the switch with
    a console cable.
    Turn the switch off (Power cable)
    Turn it on while pressing for at least 5-10 secs the mode button.
    now a dialog should appear. now you have accesss to the file system and
    can delete the config file.

    Mike

    Michael Müller, Feb 16, 2006
  5. papers.box

    papers.box Guest

    Hi, Michael!

    Because i don't have the blue cable. :)

    Danke!

    papers.box, Feb 17, 2006
  6. papers.box

    Peter Guest

    Because i don't have the blue cable. :)

    There is no way to break into a Cisco Router/Switch without the "Blue"
    (older ones are black) cable.

    Peter, Feb 17, 2006
  7. papers.box

    Rick Guest

    Hold in the mode button for 10 seconds and you will erase the config.

    Rick, Feb 18, 2006
  8. papers.box

    mozart

    Joined: