    routers to factory defaults.

    Is there an easy command that will reset the routers to defaults?

    Any help would be appreicated. Thanks

    henning.drew, Nov 10, 2005

  2. henning.drew

    Uli Link Guest

    erase nvram:

    deletes startup-config and RSA keys. After the nvram filesystem is
    initialized turn of the device.

    Uli Link, Nov 10, 2005

  3. henning.drew

    henning.drew Guest

    Are there insturctions somewhere that takes me step by step through
    those processes? I am not that familiar with cisco commands.

    Thanks

    henning.drew, Nov 10, 2005
  4. I didn't know how to ddo this either, never having had to, so assuming
    the advice above is correct (it looks OK):

    attach a terminal (or a terminal emulator like hyperterminal) set to
    9600,8,N,1 to the console port.

    turn on the router.

    Wait for it to boot.

    type 'enable' (or just 'en') at the prompt.

    type 'erase nvram'

    wait until it completes.

    turn off the router.

    Turn it back on and it should come back with a default config.

    BTW, what routers are they, and where are you?

    Chris Bartram, Nov 10, 2005
  5. henning.drew

    henning.drew Guest

    Thanks for the help!