    message handy). I will be connecting up to it this evening and add more
    details regarding the issue. IOS is v10.3 and is supposedly good.

    Is there a way to reset this unit to factory defaults?

    Noozer, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Noozer

    Noozer Guest

    The message that keeps repeating is:

    System Bootstrap, Version 5.3.2(9) [vatran 9], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Copyright (c) 1994 by cisco Systems, Inc.

    ....and it doesn't matter if the flash memory card is installed or not.

    I do have a laptop with PCMCIA slots (as well as a 2600 series router with
    empty PCMCIA slot), so I should be able to verify and/or update the flash
    card. I'm not familiar with doing this though, so I haven't tried it in the
    laptop.

    Any suggestions folks? (PLEASE? It's for the wife!)

    Noozer, Apr 28, 2004