    [1] My convertor is a modified version of the open source dcraw convertor at
    http://www.cybercom.net/~dcoffin/dcraw/dcraw.c with the colour interpolation
    removed. I can provide source code if requested.

    Chris Brown, Oct 24, 2003

  2. Chris Brown

    james Guest

    Chris, I too am working on modifying Dave Coffin's converter, using VB.NET.
    I am curious what language you are working in

    james, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown Guest

    I modified the C version. Getting an actual "unprocessed" SD9 file isn't
    actually very hard - you just remove the call to foveon_interpolate() in
    main() and remove the call to foveon_coeff() in insert().

    You can get an unprocessed Bayer image out of the tool simply by using
    archive mode, but this doesn't work for the Foveon images - it appears to do
    the interpolation anyway and then convert to greyscale, hence the
    modifications.

    Initial results are interesting, but my supply of sample images is limited
    to what I can find on the web at the moment, and there don't seem to be
    many.

    Chris Brown, Oct 24, 2003
  4. http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1056750463.html sample CD may still be
    available.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Oct 24, 2003
  5. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown Guest

    Chris Brown, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Bart van der Wolf, Oct 25, 2003
  7. Chris Brown

    Chris Brown Guest

    Unfortunately I couldn't find a similar page on the Sigma UK site. Wonder if
    they'll send one by airmail?

    Chris Brown, Oct 25, 2003