    is no help. They don't even respond to normal questions, never mind
    this.

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

    Barbara, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Barbara

    FAQmeister Guest

    I think your solution is impractical. If the unit is still under
    warranty, you should let GoVideo handle it.

    A knowledgable tech might be able to point you towards a "stock"
    replacement, but finding someone to give out that kind of free advice is
    going to be nearly impossible. And chances are the part (even though
    cheaply made) would be expensive to buy even if you do find a source.

    Next time don't buy a combo unit. They are never worth the sum of their
    parts. You can buy a $50-75 VCR that is as good or better and a $80-150
    DVD recorder that is just as good as that GoVideo unit.

    FAQmeister, Oct 8, 2005