    running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.
    Choose close to terminate the program.

    Any help?

    TSmoker, Jan 7, 2005

  2. TSmoker

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | when trying to install 98 games i keep getting error and several other
    | games i get his error msg: HELP: 16 bit windows subsystem
    |
    | C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOECEX.NT. the system file is not suitable for
    | running MS-DOS and microsoft windows applications.
    | Choose close to terminate the program.
    |
    | Any help?

    Beyond the spelling errors, the message you're getting is quite typical. Why
    don't you search through the posts to this group and find your answer? It's
    already been discussed numerous times in the last few weeks.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 7, 2005

  3. TSmoker

    TSmoker Guest

    thanks for both points specially the spelling ;( i search the news
    for the anwsers, thanks, least its seems normal error :))

    TSmoker, Jan 7, 2005
  4. TSmoker

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

    | Any help?

    I am having a similar issue with CONFIG.NT on a 2000 SP4 install. So
    far, nothing I have tried, nor anything anyone has suggested, has helped
    resolve it.

    mhicaoidh, Jan 8, 2005
  5. TSmoker

    TSmoker Guest

    the same here, im having doubts now weather W2k was woth all the
    issues that are occuring, wish i stuck to WIN98se now :( but i now
    NTFS partiion with network security etc........... what do i do?

    TSmoker, Jan 8, 2005
  6. TSmoker

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, TSmoker mused:

    | the same here, im having doubts now weather W2k was woth all the
    | issues that are occuring, wish i stuck to WIN98se now :( but i now
    | NTFS partiion with network security etc........... what do i do?

    Well, it's something specific to our machines. I have three other
    systems running 2000 SP4 that have no problems at all. You can read through
    my thread by clicking the link below, and see if any of the suggestions
    there help you. However, note, there is a section in the middle where I
    "get into it" a bit with one poster because of his attitude.

    http://tinyurl.com/5gnch

    mhicaoidh, Jan 8, 2005
  7. TSmoker

    Plato Guest