    MBR Guest

    Can you reprogram the Firefox mail button to access a secondary e-mail
    client? I'd like to use it to access my Gmail account. Thanks!

    MBR, Oct 6, 2004

  2. No. its set to bring up the default email client.

    I don't use Gmail, but can it really be called a client? That generally
    refers to an application such as Mozilla Mail, Thunderbird, Eudora, or
    (cover your eyes) Outlook.

    Since I don't know Gmail, I don't know if it can be configured to
    appear in your email client via a proxy. I do know that Yahoo mail can.
    In that case, you could configure say Thunderbird as your default
    email client, then make Yahoo Mail the default account within
    Thunderbird. Then thee FF mail button would open Thunderbird to the
    Yahoo account. If Gmail can be set up in a true email client that way,
    it would work.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 6, 2004

  3. MBR

    .brian. Guest

    Gmail isn't a 'client'. If you want to see how many new messages you
    have in your Gmail account, then install the Gmail Notifier extension.
    It will tell you how many new messages you have, and will open your
    Gmail account if you want.

    Gmail Notifier:
    [https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=173&vid=504]

    I've used it here without any problems. Although I haven't used it
    recently since I hate Gmail ;-)

    There is another extension called Gmail Composer for sending new email
    from mailto: links.

    .brian., Oct 6, 2004
  4. MBR

    MLC Guest

    _.brian._, mercoledì 06/ott/2004:
    It has just the problem that conflicts a bit with Adblock: in the status bar
    "Unloaded" is shown instead of "Adblock", nevertheless Adblock still works.

    MLC, Oct 7, 2004
  5. MBR

    .brian. Guest

    I don't have that problem here using:

    - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913
    Firefox/0.10.1
    - Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 39
    - Gmail Notifier 0.3.3

    Here's what it looks like for me: