    a certificate for my MCP accomplishments? The online certificate builder is
    really confusing.

    Thanks!

    Brian, Oct 31, 2008

  2. Brian

    John R Guest

    The scores are un-important, all that matters is pass/fail.

    Print out a copy of your Microsoft Certified Professional Transcript for him
    (or setup a sharing code so that he can see it online). That lists each
    certification that you hold, as well as each exam that was completed
    successfully. That should be more than enough proof for a potential
    employer.

    New style certificates (MCTS, MCITP, etc) are most easily obtained from the
    certificate builder. What is it that you find confusing?

    If you have not already received them, you can request "older" certificates
    (such as MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, MCDBA, etc) on the MCP site at
    https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/
    You can also print out your transcript there.

    If you are unable to log on to the MCP site, contact your regional service
    center and have your MCP ID ready.

    John R

    John R, Oct 31, 2008

  3. Brian

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    I have on a number of occasions asked either Vue or Prometric to mail (or
    e-mail) me copies of score reports... usually when there was a discrepancy
    with Microsoft Learning. I don't know if Vue will still do it though...
    However last year I was able to get a printed copy of a score report dating
    to 2001. You just have to spend time on the phone to get it.

    Montreal_MCT, Nov 1, 2008
  4. Brian

    Pete Jones Guest

    If the manager isn't technical, he is most likely just "posterior
    protecting", and what he wants is proof you have the qualifications you said.
    Get a Transcript Sharing Code from the MCP site (look in the right hand box,
    Quick Links. Transcripts > Transcript Sharing tool) and let him enter it.

    Cisco exams work differently. Each exam has a certificate with a 16 digit
    code on. If he think the MS exams work the same, just tell him they don't,
    and give him the TSC.

    Pete Jones, Nov 4, 2008