    anyway for a non-customer outside the USA to communicate with them. Has
    anyone outside the USA managed to get any sort of response from these
    people?

    rifleman, Aug 7, 2003

  2. rifleman

    trout Guest

    Yes, the website is infuriating, isn't it?
    Did you try ?

    trout, Aug 7, 2003

  3. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    yes I did, but it referred me back to the website, hence the query!

    rifleman, Aug 7, 2003
  4. rifleman

    trout Guest

    Had a feeling you were going to say that. What's the originating IP
    of the mail? Might help in finding *somebody* to bitch at.

    trout, Aug 7, 2003
  5. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    Spamcop comes up with this:
    remt19.cluster1.charter.net (CommuniGate Pro SMTP 4.0.6) with SMTP id
    114830494; Wed, 06 Aug 2003 20:34:47 -0400
    no from
    host 209.225.8.29 (getting name) = remt19.cluster1.charter.net.
    host remt19.cluster1.charter.net (checking ip) = 209.225.8.29
    209.225.8.29 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org
    209.225.8.29 not listed in proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl
    209.225.8.29 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net
    ips are close enough
    209.225.8.29 is close to an MX (209.225.8.223) for charter.net
    Possible spammer: 68.113.125.242
    Possible relay: 209.225.8.29
    209.225.8.29 not listed in relays.ordb.org.
    209.225.8.29 has already been sent to relay testers
    Received line accepted

    Tracking message source: 68.113.125.242:
    Routing details for 68.113.125.242
    [refresh/show] Cached whois for 68.113.125.242 :
    Using abuse net on
    abuse net charter.net =
    Using best contacts
    68.113.125.242 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org
    68.113.125.242 not listed in dnsbl.njabl.org
    68.113.125.242 not listed in proxies.blackholes.easynet.nl
    68.113.125.242 not listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net
    68.113.125.242 not listed in relays.ordb.org.
    68.113.125.242 not listed in query.bondedsender.org

    rifleman, Aug 7, 2003
  6. rifleman

    trout Guest

    <snip>

    Man, they're a slippery bunch, aren't they? There's the address
    you've tried, and a tech address, as far as I could see.
    Maybe of the the experts will have a look tomorrow, and get further
    that I could.

    trout, Aug 7, 2003
  7. rifleman

    trout Guest

    And maybe that last sentence (Maybe of the the) says that it's my
    bedtime.

    trout, Aug 7, 2003
  8. rifleman Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    Rifleman, I've just used the standard [email protected] e-mail addy to send
    complaints to.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003
  9. rifleman Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    What? What is it with these companies that are going this route?
    Are they trying to avoid doing the right thing anymore?

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003
  10. rifleman Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed
    Domain Name: CHARTER.NET

    Administrative Contact:
    MASTER, HOST (20118779I)
    NO ORG NAME
    12444 Powerscourt Drive, Ste. 100
    St. Louis, MO 63131
    US
    636 733 5300 fax: 636 394 9797
    Technical Contact:
    HSA Corporation (HH303-ORG)
    10300 Ormsby Park Place, Suite 405
    Louisville, KY 40223
    US
    502-420-7200 fax: 502-420-7201

    You could either call, or try one of these two addys. <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 7, 2003
  11. rifleman

    bb3 Guest

    Is that the same Paul G. Allen of Microsoft fame who is the Chairman of
    charter.net?

    http://biz.yahoo.com/t/in/c/chtr.html

    bb3, Aug 8, 2003
  12. rifleman

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    Go here:

    http://abuse.charter.net/

    Ed Pulliam, Aug 8, 2003
  13. rifleman

    trout Guest

    Yeah, but the point is, that once an ISP takes the stance of
    'auto-ignoring' outside complaints; there's very little that can be
    expected of them.

    trout, Aug 8, 2003
  14. rifleman

    trout Guest

    "Your E-mail address (e.g. )"
    He's been there. It's for Charter customers, only.

    trout, Aug 8, 2003
  15. rifleman

    Jimchip Guest

    Yes. Charter is one of his businesses.

    Jimchip, Aug 8, 2003
  16. trout Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    Then, hopefully, after their clients start leaving or complaining
    about no one getting their e-mails, en-masse, maybe they'll remve
    their craniums from their rectal orifices... <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 8, 2003
  17. Mara Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    I know, but one can hope...

    Wonder what GLK will do when he can't e-mail me anymore? <G>

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Aug 8, 2003
  18. rifleman

    DC Guest

    I'm getting this crap from them too. Does this look familiar?

    http://tinyurl.com/jdco

    I mailed and I got the following (auto)reply:

    From - Thu Aug 07 17:41:34 2003
    Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 18:40:20 -0500
    Subject: Re: Port Scanning [#1411285]

    Greetings,
    You have reached the Charter Abuse Team. We have received your abuse
    complaint. There is no need to reply to this message.

    We cannot reply personally to all complaints, but we will send you a
    message if we need more information in order to process your complaint.

    Charter Communications Abuse Team

    In the meantime, I have blocked charter.net entirely. Suggest you do same.

    DC, Aug 8, 2003
  19. rifleman

    Mara Guest

    Not with Charter, you can't.
    Great. Just great. Now I'm going to lie awake tonight, wondering who the heck
    that is.

    "Of course, all things considered, it's possible that I'm sound asleep at this
    very moment."

    Mara, Aug 8, 2003
  20. rifleman

    Ed Pulliam Guest

    OK, I have had great service from Charter, and I hate to see them get a
    ad "rep" (since my emals come from their server).

    Here is a real "live" email address to a tech support person that I have
    corresponded with:

    Ed Pulliam, Aug 8, 2003