reported processor speed

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom, Aug 7, 2005.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Tom, Aug 7, 2005

  2. Tom

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Nothing is wrong. Processor will speed up when it's needed. Otherwise, it
    runs at the lower speed to keep cool. It's called throttling or something
    like that.

    My PIII 750 runs at 600 most of the time. My 1400 runs at 800 most of the
    time. When the processor needs more horsepower, they speed right up to
    handle the task, then slow down to reduce power consumption and heat
    generation.

    Toolman Tim, Aug 7, 2005

  3. Tom

    pcbutts1 Guest