    This does not bode well for Samsung, Pentax, Ricoh, Kodak (small
    cameras) or Fuji. Olympus and Panasonic have shown some legs with
    it's u4/3rds offering.

    Rich, Jul 14, 2009

  2. Rich

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Stating the obvious doesn't merit any special note.
    Your opinions don't count.

    Ray Fischer, Jul 14, 2009

  3. Rich

    ray Guest

    Way too optimistic. After all, look at the Ford Explorer!

    ray, Jul 14, 2009
  4. Rich

    Marvin Guest

    There is a general rule that only the three top-selling
    products in a market are profitable. Others can survive by
    carving out a specialty market for distinctive products.

    Marvin, Jul 14, 2009
  5. Rich

    SMS Guest

    Yeah, other than selling almost no 4:3 or micro 4:3 cameras, it's a
    great system!

    What Olympus and Panasonic should be doing is marketing the 4:3 system
    as an alternative to higher end compact cameras, rather than trying to
    marketing it to compete against larger sensor digital SLRs. But that
    would mean pricing it lower than they may be willing to sell it for.

    SMS, Jul 14, 2009
  6. Rich

    Rich Guest

    Then they'd end up like Sony, with a bigger market share and no
    profits from sales.

    Rich, Jul 14, 2009
  7. Rich

    PatM Guest

    Is this news to you? How does it differ from any other product at any
    other time? What makes you think it applies only to cameras?

    It is simply the way things are. If you haven't figured that you yet,
    then ....

    PatM, Jul 15, 2009
  8. Rich

    abo mahab Guest

    [ deleted ]

    abo mahab, Jul 15, 2009
  9. Rich

    Strongbox Guest

    Does Allah use a dSLR or a P&S?

    Strongbox, Jul 15, 2009
  10. Rich

    Ofnuts Guest

    Strongbox wrote:
    Allah doesn't need any camera. Allah only uses a single old photograph
    dating back to Hijra. Since then, nothing changed, obviously.

    Ofnuts, Jul 15, 2009
  11. Rich

    DRS Guest

    [...]
    That would require thinking.

    DRS, Jul 16, 2009
  12. Rich

    whisky-dave Guest

    Well in general he'd be better of with a dSLR in the grave as he'd need
    to set a high ISO due to low light, therefore noise could become a problem
    with the relatively small sensors P&Ss tend to have.
    But he might be better off with a smaller P&S and use flash depending on
    what
    results he wanted.
    I wonder what make of camera he'd choose :)

    whisky-dave, Jul 16, 2009
  13. Rich

    Strongbox Guest

    I apologize, most exalted one....

    Strongbox, Jul 17, 2009
  14. Rich

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Rich:

    Before this year's disturbing developments, in the U.S. auto industry,
    I thought Kodak was immortal. Now, alas, it seems that >any< outfit can
    fold up, like an accordion!

    Still, I believe Kodak should reenter the DSLR arena, by buying Pentax.
    Such a bold move would give the company access to >lenses<, as well as
    bodies. This way, unlike its earlier run (1991-2005), Kodak wouldn't need
    to rely on outsiders, exclusively, to provide all of its DSLR hardware.

    After all, Sony's 2006 aquisition of Konica-Minolta's photo busniness,
    boosted its own technological expertise, significantly.

    John Turco, Jul 19, 2009
  15. Rich

    John Turco Guest

    Hello, Dave:

    Whatever Allah's selection of photo gear happens to be, exposure problems
    shall never plague Him...LET THERE BE LIGHT! :-D

    Also, His top lieutennant, Mohammed (peace be upon him), always finds the
    best prices on high-end hardware. <g>

    John Turco, Jul 19, 2009
  16. Rich

    Father Kodak Guest

    Which means that the lieutenant buys his gear at B&H Photo in NY, of
    course.

    Father Kodak, Jul 19, 2009
  17. Rich

    Juarez Guest

    Phew! Thank my lucky stars I invested in Olympus gear.

    Juarez, Jul 21, 2009