Replying to Newsgroups a 3-Step Process in OE6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Carol A, Jul 5, 2005.

  1. Carol A

    Carol A Guest

    I'm running OE6 on a Windows 2000 Professional machine. When I reply to a
    message in newsgroups, I get a blank error message with three choices, none
    of which does anything when I click on it. So, I have to close out of the
    blank error message, save the reply I've typed, close the reply I've typed,
    then go to my drafts folder, open the reply, and click send in order to send
    my reply to the newsgroup.

    NOTE: This is not a problem for posting--only for replies.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks,

    --
    Carol A.
    Internet-ready Medical Transcriptionist

    Specialties:
    Orthopaedics, Gastroenterology, Operative Reports, Urgent Care/Emergency
    Room

    Carol A, Jul 5, 2005

  2. You betcha.

    http://xnews.newsguy.com

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 5, 2005

  3. Carol A

    Mike Easter Guest

    It is possible you might be able to repair it by removing and replacing
    the newsserver account -- depending on whether you have done any
    troubleshooting by accessing alternate newsservers to see if the same
    problem exists in multiple news accounts.

    If it is present in news 'universally' in others and/or if removing and
    replacing the newsaccount doesn't do it, then the next repair work would
    be to remove and replace OE.

    I've never seen or heard of that problem.

    If this is over Watched threads, there's something in Tom Koch's site
    about that
    http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/problems/bugs.htm#acctwatch -- Some
    messages have nothing in the Account column --
    OE sometimes uses the wrong account when replying to a news message

    Mike Easter, Jul 5, 2005
  4. Carol A

    Toolman Tim Guest

    That's because no one wants to hear from you.

    (Jes' kidding!)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Are you sure?

    Ed

    Top (retired), Jul 6, 2005
  6. Carol A

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Well, trying to be nice about it <g>

    Toolman Tim, Jul 7, 2005
  7. Carol A

    DC Guest

    Frankly, I think Microsoft should make it a 12 step process.

    DC, Jul 11, 2005
  8. Carol A

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Or a Twelve-Step Program ;o)

    Toolman Tim, Jul 12, 2005
  9. Carol A

    DC Guest

    That is what I was inferring, yeah. }:O)

    DC, Jul 12, 2005