    times. This contradicts epson's statement about having to replace even a
    slightly used cartridge once it has been removed from the printer.

    dennis

    Dennis, Aug 29, 2005

  2. Dennis

    Maybe Guest

    Dennis -- I'm not an Epson user. The reason I'm not is for the specific
    reason that you cite. I'm assured that the cartridge contains a chip
    which is activated at install and prohibits reactivation at attempts to
    reinstall. Since the "cleaning" cartridge that you describe would not
    have such a chip, makes sense that it can be removed and reinstalled.
    By the way, I also am made to understand that you can buy a "device"
    that will override the buried chip.

    Maybe, Aug 29, 2005

  3. Dennis

    Chas Guest

    Hi
    You could try this

    http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml

    Chas

    Chas, Aug 29, 2005
  4. I use Canon printers - no fuss, the cartridges are just tanks of ink, none
    of this replacing the print head each time, or chips inside.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Dennis

    EricP Guest

    You can either get a chip reprogrammer from an ink supplier or simply
    keep a few old tanks about, the machine has a small memory for chip
    number, it only remember the previous three from old memory. So you
    just stick dummy tanks in until it *forgets* the new one and accepts
    it.

    Alternatively, just forget Epson and get a Canon that doesn't bother
    with such foolishness.

    EricP, Aug 30, 2005
  6. Dennis

    Shep© Guest

    They will say that as they make crap printers and drivers.
    Yep.Get cheapy ones,
    http://www.eezytrade.co.uk/
    Rip-off merchants.
    By cheapy and as soon as poss get a,"Canon" printer ;-)

    Shep©, Aug 31, 2005