    know whether there are any alternatives to BreezeBrowser so I can try them
    out as well. Could anyone give me their views on the subject ?

    Thanks

    Peter Kennedy, Nov 19, 2003

  2. Peter Kennedy:
    One alternative is to use a compact flash card reader and simply use Windows
    Explorer to copy photos to your hard drive. Readers are very cheap and
    convenient.

    -Mike

    Michael Geary, Nov 19, 2003

  3. I've invested in both BreezeBrowser and Downloader Pro and find they're
    excellent purchases. (I didn't purchase over the web as there was a problem with
    the security certification which I didn't resolve to my satisfaction.)
    I use Downloader Pro all the time, and Breezebrowser whenever I've shot RAW on
    my 10D, and want to process the files. I agree that the Canon supplied software
    is a pain. It's a pity that corporate pride or whatever, seems to stop Canon
    taking note of the many complaints and correcting the clunky interface.
    (Downloader Pro will not allow file deletion until files have been uploaded to
    the computer. As a slight precaution, I normally leave the originals on my
    Compact Flash card until I've viewed them on the PC.)

    As an alternative, have you tried Capture One? Can't recall whether it deals
    with the G3 RAW files, perhaps not as it's aimed at DSLRs, but it will open
    jpgs.

    Malcolm Stewart, Nov 19, 2003
  4. Peter Kennedy

    Mark B. Guest

    I use BreezeBrowser for viewing & organizing, and for generating simple HTML
    slide shows, and conversion from raw. For the price, it's a teriffic
    program and significantly better than ZoomBrowser (which I uninstalled
    shortly after installing it).

    Mark

    Mark B., Nov 19, 2003
  5. Peter Kennedy

    Marius Guest

    Marius, Nov 19, 2003
  6. Peter Kennedy

    Pedro Guest

    Update your ZoomBrowser from Canons website the latest version is more user
    friendly, I use ZoomBrowser and a cad down loader to backup direct from card
    to cd rom.
    Paddy

    Pedro, Nov 20, 2003
  7. Peter Kennedy

    Joe Guest

    I like cam4you:
    http://jpegclub.org/cam4you/

    Joe, Nov 28, 2003
  8. Peter Kennedy

    Steve P Guest

    My replacement for Zoombrowzer is Jasc Photo Album 4. I believe there is a
    free trial at www.jasc.com

    Steve

    Steve P, Nov 28, 2003
  9. Peter Kennedy

    user Guest

    What do you especially like about it?
    What did trigger you to change from zoombrowser to cam4you ?

    user, Nov 30, 2003
  10. Peter Kennedy

    Joe Guest

    I like cam4you because it's simple, and it works. It handles
    basic download and delete from camera without a hitch. I like
    how you can control the file naming as they are downloaded.
    They can be named just as Zoombrowser names them, or you can
    keep the camera's native filename. Or you can give a format
    mask to say how the file will be named, based on date, file
    number, another other things.

    It does lossless jpeg rotation. Zoombrowser supposedly does
    not, but I don't know if that's still true.

    Zoombrowser does have some other features which cam4you does
    not, like photo stitching. But I use other programs for this
    anyway. Zoombrowsers' photo stitch is okay, but not as good
    as some others.

    Joe, Nov 30, 2003

  11. I am using the trial version tonight. I just downloaded it. It works great
    with my Canon PowerShot A80 that I just got this past weekend. I have
    downloaded several images and successfully edited images in Paint Shop Pro 8 and
    had them redisplay with EXIF information in BreezeBrowser.

    ZoomBrowser is brain dead in regards to EXIF information as soon as you edit the
    image with anything and resave.

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 3, 2003

  12. It looks nice... even has red eye removal built in. I was going to buy
    BreezeBrowser, Downloader Pro, and Paint Shop Pro 8 to do all that.

    Hmmm... me must rethink things. :)

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 3, 2003