    I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the
    customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350?
    Thanx in addvance!

    Morph, Sep 27, 2007

  2. Morph

    Merv Guest

    as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be
    order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external
    antennas.

    see the data sheet @

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

    Merv, Sep 27, 2007

  3. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message <>
    Merv wrote:

    | > There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two
    | > locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the
    | > best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge?
    | > I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the
    | > customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350?
    | > Thanx in addvance!
    |
    | as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be
    | order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external
    | antennas.
    |
    | see the data sheet @
    |
    | http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a00802252e1.html

    Thank you for the suggestions.
    So do you agree that this is the best sollution for replacement of a
    Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge?

    Regarding the antennas my question is wether the antennas used with
    Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge are compatible with Aironet 1310?
    From what I can see in the specifications both 350 and 1310 have RP-TNC
    connectors.
    And will a cisco 350 be able to work together with a new 1310?

    Regards.

    Morph, Sep 27, 2007
  4. Morph

    Merv Guest

    well I guess there is the 1310 and the 1410; I am not sure of the
    differences between the two.

    Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select.

    IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio.

    Merv, Sep 27, 2007
  5. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message <>
    Merv wrote:

    | > > There are two Cisco Aironet 350 Workgroup Bridge's used to bridge two
    | > > locations. One of them is now dead and has to be replaced. What is the
    | > > best sollution for replacing the 350 Bridge?
    | > > I was thinking about Aironet 1310. Is this the best solution? Can the
    | > > customer use the same antenna that he used for the 350?
    | > > Thanx in addvance!
    | >
    | > as far as antenennas are concerened it looks like the unit can be
    | > order with either an internal anntenna or with connectors for external
    | > antennas.
    | >
    | > see the data sheet @
    | >
    | > http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5861/products_data_sheet09186a0...
    |
    | well I guess there is the 1310 and the 1410; I am not sure of the
    | differences between the two.
    |
    | Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select.
    |
    | IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio.

    The website you recomended has this:
    "The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series supports the 802.11g standard-providing
    54-Mbps data rates with a proven, secure technology while maintaining
    full backward compatibility with legacy 802.11b devices" so I guess it
    should work with the 350 in 802.11b mode.

    Morph, Sep 27, 2007
  6. Morph

    Merv Guest

    These units are not that expensive so I would gets 2 as the client
    could benefit from the faster speed of a g radio.

    The client could test 1310/1410 with the 350 and if it works then use
    350 as a backup unit.

    Merv, Sep 28, 2007
  7. Morph

    Morph Guest

    In the message <>
    Merv wrote:

    | > | Persoanlly I would get a set of which either one you select.
    | > |
    | > | IIRC the 350 is a b radio and the 1310 and 1410 is a g radio.
    | >
    | > The website you recomended has this:
    | > "The Cisco Aironet 1300 Series supports the 802.11g standard-providing
    | > 54-Mbps data rates with a proven, secure technology while maintaining
    | > full backward compatibility with legacy 802.11b devices" so I guess it
    | > should work with the 350 in 802.11b mode.
    |
    | These units are not that expensive so I would gets 2 as the client
    | could benefit from the faster speed of a g radio.
    |
    | The client could test 1310/1410 with the 350 and if it works then use
    | 350 as a backup unit.

    Ok. Thank you!

    Morph, Sep 28, 2007