    experiences.

    Thanks
    Brian Tozer

    Brian Tozer, Oct 16, 2003

  2. Brian Tozer

    Paul Mathews Guest

    Use Ghost and you do need to change the HD partition serial number to the
    same as the original, or reactivation will kick in.

    Paul Mathews, Oct 16, 2003

  3. Brian Tozer

    Joe Citizen Guest

    Theres a fix for the reactivation. Copy wpa.dbl from C:\WINDOWS\system32\
    off the original drive into the same folder on the ghosted drive, reboot and
    you are activated again.

    Joe.

    Joe Citizen, Oct 16, 2003
  4. Or.. you *could* just *reactivate*?

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Oct 16, 2003
  5. Hi there,

    I thought XP checked periodically to see if anything had changed? If so
    the checksum contained in wpa.dbl would be incorrect as soon as you
    moved it to a new drive...

    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch.

    Chris Wilkinson, Oct 17, 2003
  6. Brian Tozer

    Joe Citizen Guest

    Yeah, but you feel better haxing it 8)

    Joe.

    Joe Citizen, Oct 17, 2003
  7. Brian Tozer

    Joe Citizen Guest

    Yeah, I had my doubts too. But after trying it, no worries. The machine was
    requesting a reactivation after having the mobo replaced and the nic
    changed. The wpa.dbl must only be hashed from the Product id only. It does
    work.

    Not much info available on this on the net.

    Joe.

    Joe Citizen, Oct 17, 2003
  8. Jump to conclusions and you shall be incorrect

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 21, 2003
  9. Brian Tozer

    T.N.O. Guest

    "you see its this board, that has different conclusions, that you can jump
    too"
    "That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard"

    T.N.O., Oct 21, 2003
  10. Brian Tozer

    Paul Mathews Guest

    As long as that new drive has the Same Serial number you will be OK..

    The Back up of wpa.dbl does not work as I asked in the XP news groups and a
    few MVP's stated that backing it up when doing a clean install was not
    guaranteed..

    Paul Mathews, Oct 21, 2003