Repeater Bridge Link

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Chris_D, Jan 12, 2006.

  1. Chris_D

    Chris_D Guest

    I have a multi-point scenario with five Cisco 1300 bridges involved.

    Only one of the non-root bridges can see the root bridge so I thought
    it would be a good idea to set this non-root bridge up as a repeater
    for the other bridges to use to contact the root bridge.

    My question involves the config for the non-root bridges to contact
    the root bridge via the repeater.

    I have set the non-root bridges to use the mac address of the repeater
    as their parent 1 address but I cannot see any authentication
    activity on the parent or the repeater when the non-root bridges try
    to connect.

    The repeater authenticates fine through the root bridge and if I
    change the parent 1 address on the non-root bridges to that of the
    root bridge, all non-root bridges authenticate fine with our Cisco
    ACS.

    I have trolled through the Cisco site but I can only find basic
    information such as "setting up the bridge as a repeater" etc

    I feel I should mention that I have the bridges set up in a test
    enviroment (large room) at the moment.

    Any help greatly appreciated

    Drop the ZZZ to reply

    Cheers ...