    configuration. Do I choose Repeater or Access point and what is the
    difference?
    thanks

    ML, May 1, 2007

  2. ML

    Guest Guest

    Guest, May 1, 2007

  3. ML

    Guest Guest

    hello
    sorry cant help with your question, but i was wondering if you could answer
    mine.My wireless route is showing up on my laptop as being unsecure and its
    name has chenged. I am trying to alter this on my main computer, but I dont
    know how to get into the web browser of the wirless router so that i can get
    to the access point. Any ideas ???

    thx
    shamz

    Guest, May 1, 2007
  4. Hi
    I have No idea what BT Home Hub means as regards to Wireless.
    In order to decide which mode is best suitable you have to describe your
    settings in more detailed technical terms.
    Mean time these pages can help.
    Wireless Modes - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html
    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Bridging - http://www.ezlan.net/bridging
    Hi Gain Antenna - http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., May 1, 2007
  5. ML

    Lem Guest

    Please don't piggyback on someone else's posting. Start a new thread
    with a descriptive subject.

    For help in asking questions, see
    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    and

    As for your particular inquiry, see the second FAQ, first item under
    "How To Interpret Answers"

    Lem, May 2, 2007
  6. ML

    ML Guest

    Yeah sorry.
    Homehub is a wireless Router/DSL.
    That's all set up fine. It's the Access Point I'm not sure of. The only
    thing I could find on Ezlan (great site) regarding AP is
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html but I was trying to get a simpler
    explanation . As Mode 1 Gateway and Mode 4 Repeater sound like they do the
    same.

    ML, May 3, 2007
  7. ML

    Lem Guest

    How do you want to connect your D-Link 2000? That is, do you want the
    D-Link

    (a) to pick up the wireless signal from your BT HomeHub and repeat it so
    that a wifi client that's beyond the range of the BT HomeHub can
    connect, or

    (b) to be connected to the BT HomeHub via an Ethernet cable, so it can
    be located beyond the wireless range of the BT HomeHub but still provide
    access to wifi clients?

    Lem, May 3, 2007
  8. ML

    ML Guest

    Well I thought originally (b) but really not that you mention it either way.

    ML, May 6, 2007
  9. ML

    Lem Guest

    As I attempted to imply from the way I wrote the questions, (a) is a
    "repeater" and (b) is an "access point." One consideration is that
    repeaters generally cut the throughput in half. For more info see
    http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Modes.html

    Lem, May 6, 2007