    Tank you for any answer.

    Regards

    Lai Henriksen

    Lai Henriksen, May 22, 2004

  2. Lai Henriksen

    Ionizer Guest

    Have a look in Add/Remove Programs just on the off chance that the items are
    listed there. If not, consider the freeware version of AdAware which will
    likely remove both items for you, along with a bunch of other crap you
    didn't even realize was on your system:
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/

    Update AdAware before running it for the first time.

    Regards,
    Ian.

    Ionizer, May 22, 2004

  3. Lai Henriksen

    Richard Guest

    The jackass who wrote the site decided you MUST have the plugin in order to
    view the site.
    When you do that, you wind up with a few other items too.
    "spybouncer" found every instance and I manually cleaned out each item.
    Since I'm to cheap to buy the program, it does tell me where to find the
    buggers.

    Like most people, you probably surf the net without any kind of protection
    against such intrusions and these turkeys wind up giving you stuff you do
    not want.

    Ok. To stop that, go into internet options and in the advanced tab, scroll
    down to where it says....
    "Enable install on demand" and uncheck the bugger.

    By doing this much, you will know when sites want to "give" you various
    items like this.
    Then when you start up the machine you won't get a surprise like that.

    You also wind up getting "lycos sidesearch" which is an option to keep or
    toss out.
    At least it's a choice over the demanding msn sidesearch.

    Get spybouncer and clean out your machine.

    www.spybouncer.com

    Richard, May 22, 2004
  4. Lai Henriksen

    el duderino Guest

    Google for 'Spybot search & destroy' and 'Adaware'. Download for free, make
    sure both up to date, then run them. Will do it all for you.

    el duderino, May 22, 2004
  5. Lai Henriksen

    Richard Guest

    Try spybouncer and compare. I think it does the job better.

    Richard, May 23, 2004