Removing search engine plugins from toolbar

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by [email protected], Nov 21, 2004.

  1. Go to View\Tool bars\Customize and a window will appear, then just drag
    and drop the search engine, worked for me.

    [email protected], Nov 21, 2004

  2. graeme@invalid

    PoohBear Guest

    I want to remove the search engine plugins from bar from the toolbar.
    I have no need for it, and it only wastes toolbar space. I can not
    find any way in the tools to kill it. Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    PoohBear

    PoohBear, Nov 21, 2004

  3. graeme@invalid

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    I suppose you are talking about Firefox, and you've already tried
    right-clicking on the tool bar and customizing it? You can drag that
    thing right off.

    :: BRIAN ::, Nov 21, 2004
  4. graeme@invalid

    PoohBear Guest

    Oh, sorry, yes this is Firefox. I tried what both of you said. I
    went to View / Toolbars / Customize. That thing is NOT listed in
    there. I wonder if I was clear about this. This is the bar to the
    right (by default) of the URL bar. It contains the Ebay / Amazon /
    Google / Dictionary / Yahoo, and "add engines". I just want it gone.
    I added a few icons and now the URL of the website I am visiting is
    only a few characters long (the rest is obscured), because that thing
    is using up space on my toolbar. I have no intention to ever use it.
    I have a .HTML file on my own harddrive, which is my homepage, and is
    a whole page of links to things I use regularly, such as Google, My
    own website, and other stuff.

    However, that thing is not shown in the "customize" options, at all.
    This is (I think) the latest version of Firefox. It says Version 1.0
    Preview Release, when I click on Help / About. It's the Win98
    version.

    Thanks

    Pooh

    PoohBear, Nov 22, 2004
  5. graeme@invalid

    Spock Guest

    Try program files, Mozilla Firefox, search plugins. Delete the icon
    and the related .src entry.

    Spock, Nov 22, 2004
  6. graeme@invalid

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    It isn't going to show in the customize options until you drag it off
    the tool bar and onto the "Customize Toolbar" window. Just do the
    reverse of adding things to the bar...

    :: BRIAN ::, Nov 22, 2004
  7. graeme@invalid

    PoohBear Guest

    There we go. Now we're cooking.
    It sure is nice having it in the customize list and not in my toolbar.

    That was easy once I knew what to do. There is no mention of this in
    the Help files. At least not that I could find.

    Thank You

    Pooh

    PoohBear, Nov 22, 2004