    old stuff in there that I would like to eliminate --- maybe only keep a few
    weeks worth, now have posts that go back several months. How do I remove
    some of these items and keep the newsgroup more current ? Thanks

    lexdude365, Oct 26, 2006

  2. lexdude365

    Old Gringo Guest

    Go into Outlook Express and tell it what you want it to do.

    Old Gringo, Oct 26, 2006

  3. lexdude365

    Mike Easter Guest

    Reset.

    Select the ng in question in the folder view. Use File/ Properties/
    Local file tab - Reset button.

    That will delete all headers and message bodies and reset the folder --
    or make it empty of headers and also all of the marks for read and
    unread. Then you will have to get new headers and re-mark them.

    I think the best configuration for downloading headers is configured in
    OE/ Tools/ Options/ Read tab - News section - check get xxx headers at a
    time as opposed to leaving that unchecked. Whether you want a hundred
    or a thousand or something in between is up to your style and bandwidth.

    So, you begin to freshly populate the newsgroup with headers xxx at a
    time until you have as many as you like or the newsserver runs out.
    Then you deal with how you want to mark what has been read and unread.
    You can catch up, you can mark as read or unread. See OE help messages,
    marking.

    Mike Easter, Oct 26, 2006