Removing NPROTECT from XP powered computer?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by glenwood, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. glenwood

    glenwood Guest

    I have tried to remove everything to do with Norton Utilities 2003 and am
    left with a few partitions that still have NPROTECT files in the RECYCLER
    and they just will not respond to any method that I have tried including of
    course the method outlined on the Symantec website.

    I have changed their properties to read and unhidden but they will not go
    away even using the DOS procedure. I would not bother except that they are
    quite large and together are over 2Gb of HD space.

    Goggle searches have not come up with an answer.

    So does any techno savvy contributor to these NGs know a bomb proof method
    of removing NPROTECT?

    If so please advise, I would be most grateful.

    TIA

    Ray

    glenwood, Sep 6, 2003

  2. glenwood

    Nicholas Guest

    How to use the Norton SystemWorks cleanup utility (SymClean)
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/docid/2001101612274407

    --
    Nicholas

    Nicholas, Sep 6, 2003

  3. glenwood

    glenwood Guest

    Thanks Nicholas

    Unfortunately it does not remove NPROTECT folders.

    Ray

    glenwood, Sep 7, 2003