    workgroup. The manchine will only let the local admin logon since the
    GPO has the settings for users locked by the server.

    How can I remove these settings which came from the old domain??

    Piet Slaghekke, Jan 2, 2007

  2. Piet  Slaghekke

    pcbutts1 Guest

    You removed those settings when you removed it from the domain. What is it
    you are trying to accomplish?

    pcbutts1, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Piet Slaghekke wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I recently removed a WinXP machine from a domain and added it to a
    > workgroup. The manchine will only let the local admin logon since the
    > GPO has the settings for users locked by the server.
    >
    > How can I remove these settings which came from the old domain??

    You need to fiddle with gpedit.msc.
    However, there are NT4 style "unmanageable" policy templates which you could
    only remove when you have poledit and the same adm templates which were
    used to enforce ...

    Walter Mautner, Jan 2, 2007
  4. Piet  Slaghekke

    why? Guest

    On 1 Jan 2007 17:46:48 -0800, Piet Slaghekke wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I recently removed a WinXP machine from a domain and added it to a
    >workgroup. The manchine will only let the local admin logon since the
    >GPO has the settings for users locked by the server.
    >
    >How can I remove these settings which came from the old domain??

    Put it back on the domain, edit the settings then remove it again.
    Remembering to replace any domain admin accounts with local accounts
    rights, so you can change settings later :)

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2007
  5. Piet  Slaghekke

    John Holmes Guest

    pcbutts1 "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > You removed those settings when you removed it from the domain.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!! You're so stupid, you'd trip over a
    cordless phone.

    --
    You shiftless assortment of defective foot fungus.

    John Holmes, Jan 2, 2007