    exist between my machines. is there a way to disable or completely remove
    this network?

    thanks

    Alp, Nov 20, 2005

  2. Alp

    Ryan Younger Guest

    Sure, follow these steps to disable the ad hoc wireless network (assuming XP
    SP2):

    Double-click the wireless network connection icon in the system tray, click
    'View Wireless Networks' then click 'Change Advanced Settings'. Under
    'Preferred Networks' select the ad hoc network you setup previously and
    click the remove button. Click the 'Advanced' and then select the 'Access
    Point (Infrastructure)' radio button.

    --
    All the best,

    Ryan Younger.
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/airsick/ - My Blog

    Ryan Younger, Nov 20, 2005

  3. Alp

    Brian Lynn Guest

    Ryan:
    Does this actually remove the setup network?? As far as I can see the
    network still exists you've just masked your ability to see it!!

    Brian Lynn, Sep 16, 2009
  4. Jack [MVP-Networking], Sep 18, 2009