    I even tried re-installing the program, but no go...

    thanks
    marc

    Swan Black, Apr 12, 2014

  2. Swan Black

    Robert Baer Guest

    Swan Black wrote:
    > I had 4 monitors, and disconnected 2 of them,
    > and now at least one program wants to run
    > on one of the disconnected monitors,
    >
    > so I can't see it, and I can't figure out how to bring it up,
    > on one of the remaining monitors
    >
    > in the past, I was able to Maximize it,
    > but I don't have that option, for some reason
    >
    > anyway, there must be something I can do, or try
    >
    > I even tried re-installing the program, but no go...
    >
    > thanks
    > marc

    Try the following:re-connect a monitor where you think the program
    wants to display (better yet, re-connect all 4).
    Now, when all is visible, you should be able to tell the program
    which monitors to ignore/not use/not display.
    At that point, seeing nothing (not even a scan/synch signal) being
    sent to those you do not want, you are safe to disconnect them and still
    have full control.
    Be advised, if you then even accidentally switch display to a
    disabled monitor, you are hosed until this recovery scheme is repeated.
    Been there; not pretty.

    Robert Baer, Apr 12, 2014

  3. Swan Black

    Swan Black Guest

    thanks Robert,

    unfortunately, I only have 2 monitors now
    [in the process of moving]

    damn, lost my Calendar, with all events!

    so Google Calendar will have to do, for now

    marc

    Swan Black, Apr 19, 2014