    nothing else would remove them including editing the registry.The Windows
    Installer CleanUp Utility did the job.{;-)))).Prior to today I had tried
    many many add & remove programs .

    Kue2, Jul 16, 2008

  2. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Nice post, Hugh!
    Add/Remove entries that have been left behind can also be manually removed
    by carefully editing the registry.
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and
    HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
    contain all the entries for the uninstall scripts for x64 and x86 programs
    respectively.
    Simply delete the entry that is bothering you (do it at your own risk) and
    it will never show up again in Remove Programs.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 16, 2008