    way?

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Nov 9, 2006

  2. Steve Freides

    beenthere Guest

    Why don`t you dump the extra toolbar\s ?.
    Then just make your home page www.google.com.
    Thast`s what I do, and it keeps things nice and neat.
    HTH.

    beenthere, Nov 9, 2006

  3. Steve Freides

    Meat Plow Guest

    IAWTP.

    Meat Plow, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Because I want it to work the way _I_ want it to work, not the way MS
    wants it to work.

    Silly me.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Nov 9, 2006

  5. If you're running XP Pro, Yes there is a easy hidden way to do this:

    You should be in an admin account. First, close all IE windows.

    Start > Run > enter "gpedit.msc" without the quotes

    User Configuration > expand Administrative Templates > expand Windows
    Components > Select "Internet Explorer" > look in right-hand panel >
    click on "Setting" bar (that will put 'em in alphabetical order) >
    scroll down to "Prevent the Internet Explorer search box from
    displaying" - it will likely have a "State" of "Not configured" >
    right-click on it > click Properties, and then select the "Enabled"
    radio button. Apply and OK and close out of there.

    Now launch IE!

    In other OS's, you need to do a regedit function by hand (you need to
    add the new key); just Start > Run > Navigate to the HKEY and create a
    new key with the information provided.

    In *.reg file format, as below, in Notepad, copy and paste between the
    asterisks, (make sure the HKEY lines are a single line) save as
    something like IE7-KillSearchBar.reg & IE7-RestoreSearchBar.reg

    ******
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft
    \Internet Explorer\Infodelivery\Restrictions]
    "NoSearchBox"=dword:00000001
    *******

    To all cowboys: back up your registry first if you use either of the
    "Other OS" methods...

    regedit > file > Export > name it and save it.

    Caution: If you're NOT in WinXP Pro, it's a little difficult to reverse
    if you decide you don't like it.

    ********
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft
    \Internet Explorer\InfoDelivery\Restrictions]
    "NoSearchBox"=dword:00000000
    ********

    See the dword 00000000 vs 00000001 ?

    Best regards.

    --

    I hope if dogs ever take over the world,
    and they caucus to choose a king,

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 9, 2006