    About Blank ..
    Any suggestions or procedures would really help..

    Thanks, Derfnam

    manfred, Oct 6, 2004

  2. manfred

    Brian Guest

    in IE... tools>>options>>default page click blank page. ooorrrrr
    start>>run>>type in regedit >>enter.. navigate here:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (right hand
    pane)double click "Start Page" and chnge to about:blank

    also in this reg key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main (do the same as
    above)

    Brian, Oct 6, 2004

  3. manfred

    °Mike° Guest

    From your description it is Ad-Aware (through you) that
    keeps resetting your home page. Add the "about:blank"
    to Ad-Aware's ignore list -- be aware the AAW is warning
    you because of an exploit that some hijackers use, ie.
    "about:blank".

    °Mike°, Oct 6, 2004
  4. manfred

    syhprum

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I find this problem is caused by Vuze , use something like advanced system care to get rid of Vuze and every remnant of same then you will find you can change to about :blank no problem.
    Editing the register does not work in Windows 8.1 it comes back as fast as you remove it.
    Now you can put Vuze back taking care with the customising !!

    syhprum, Nov 28, 2014