  1. I have a computer which seems never to have had IE6 but has IE7.

    I need to put IE6 on this machine and remove IE7.

    How do I do that - there is no roll-back nor update to remove?

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007

  2. Geoff Pearson

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Oct 26, 2007

  3. Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007
  4. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    Does the machine have Vista installed? Only IE7 works with vista.....

    Gordon, Oct 26, 2007
  5. No, it is XP SP2 Home Edition

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 26, 2007
  6. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    then it MUST have had IE6 on it at the beginning....
    Go to Control panel-Add/remove programs and uninstall it. Your system will
    revert to IE6 automatically on re-boot...

    Gordon, Oct 26, 2007
  7. Geoff Pearson

    port of call Guest

    I saw your post above and wonder if you are running vista or some
    windows system that came with ie7. I use IE7 and fire fox and like them
    both. The Tab browsing is great and IE7PRO is a ad on that takes ads
    and controls IE6 or IE7. The IE7 is part of the windows operating
    system there is no way to take it out. I have switched from IE7 back to
    IE6 but my windows XP started with IE6. My wife wants to stay with IE6
    and I think she is crazy there is so much more in IE7 and you can use
    IEpro to control it and take out ads. http://www.ie7pro.com/
    Have a very wonderful day,
    Mumbai Hawk

    port of call, Oct 26, 2007
  8. Geoff Pearson

    sittingduck Guest

    It is plenty of use. You are just lazy and want someone to hold your hand and
    spoonfeed you an answer. Maybe someone will take pity on you and do so....

    sittingduck, Oct 26, 2007
  9. I am used to doing that on other machines - but there is no IE7 entry in
    add/remove (even with Microsoft updates showing) - only its recent updates.

    I am trying to make this machine look and behave like 3 others which are
    used together in a school in Spain - all of which have IE6.

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 27, 2007
  10. Geoff Pearson

    Gordon Guest

    It's under WINDOWS Internet Explorer.....

    Gordon, Oct 27, 2007
  11. Geoff Pearson

    Barney Guest

    This is a "HELP" group and your reply is unwarranted. Why do you bother
    with your reply?

    Barney, Oct 27, 2007
  12. Fret not - even I can hardly believe the question I am asking, as I know the
    standard answers. But there really does not seem to be a way to uninstall
    IE7 from this machine.

    Geoff Pearson, Oct 28, 2007
  13. Geoff Pearson

    Mitch Guest

    Of course not -- Microsoft, after being challenged on the idea that
    their add-on tools were part of the OS, now forces the issue. They make
    it so that much of the browser's components are needed by other
    operations, either artificially or just by rolling files together.

    But you can still make it not launch, they say, and prevent it from
    being the primary browser, usually.

    Mitch, Oct 28, 2007
  14. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    I'm not familar with XP, but would a repair install give you the choice to
    use IE6?

    Buffalo, Oct 28, 2007
  15. Geoff Pearson

    Barney Guest

    I dpn't think so and you may have to restore the system far back before
    MIE 7 was added.

    Barney, Nov 3, 2007

  16. First: download IE6 install

    http://www.compu-docs.com/ieadmininstall.htm

    When you have the complete package, then use Add-Remove Programs
    IE7 is listed as "Windows Internet Explorer 7"

    Don't worry, you can believe that Windows will NOT allow you
    to uninstall Windows Explorer. M$ only listed it that way
    in this rendition because it fit into their grand scheme to
    force-feed the world Vista and DRM... or something like that.

    Then, double-click.

    Badda-bing.

    --

    "Here's the ideal: conduct stem-cell research on
    the handicapped! That way they can be productive."

    (O
    |__ Because of the retards, normal people
    .-|___ can never park by the front again
    ( ) \_
    `--'

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2007
  18. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    Unfortunately Pearson does not have an option to use Add-Remove due to the
    fact that Windows IE 7 is not listed in there.
    On my Win2000 system, it also does not have the option in there relating to
    IE.
    http://www.kensavage.com/index.php/archives/now-i-know-how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-6/
    However, your info is very good and he may be able to remove IE7 after
    installing IE6
    He may have to follow 'some' of the advice in the link above to get a way to
    uninstall IE7 since it isn't in Add-Remove.
    He may have it in C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IE Uninstall

    Buffalo, Nov 3, 2007
  19. Geoff Pearson

    Buffalo Guest

    Possibly it is located in something like C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\IE Uninstall
    Also, check out the reply from Bucky Breeder.

    Buffalo, Nov 3, 2007