    was if there was an IA32 emulation layer involved as well (I
    don't think so, but it would have explained the awful execution
    speed).

    Grant Edwards, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Hmmm! Hadn't thought of that one. I looked for a Solaris/X86 version
    (that would probably run on Linux/X86) but there were several postings
    saying such a beast didn't exist, so I left it out of my earlier
    posting. But your point is better, if you don't mind that I would like
    to make it running Linux on PA-RISC, or even IA64! :)

    Frank Slootweg, Apr 23, 2005

  3. I am at a loss as to how linux installer remove IE unless replaces
    windows partitions with linux count. Please explain further.

    Carlos Rivera, Apr 24, 2005
  4. I prefer to call microsoft software monopoly software. People are
    stupid for using it. It will just cost them more in the long run. Not
    to mention that they are still having critical security fixes for win2k,
    which is 5 years old.

    Carlos Rivera, Apr 24, 2005
  5. PKB; your response has the same news groups as his does, and does not
    include a FUP to the groups that you consider appropriate. Of course,
    your reference to AI is lame, since none of alt.conspiracy,
    comp.os.linux.misc, alt.computer, alt.comp.freeware or
    comp.security.misc is an AI news group. Of the five news groups in
    Newsgroups, three seem to be relevant, two, alt.conspiracy and
    comp.os.linux.misc to be irrelevant and none to relate to AI. FUP set
    to alt.computer,alt.comp.freeware,comp.security.misc.

    reply to

    Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz, Apr 26, 2005