    for the partition recover floppy (which I didn't make) tried fdisk to remove
    partitions and to create new one but still asks for recovery floppy. I want
    to swipe the hole hard drive and start fresh.

    P.Wicker, Dec 21, 2004

  2. P.Wicker

    dadiOH Guest

    Just FDISK and FORMAT from bootup floppy. Start the floppy with CD
    support, make sure you have your Windows CD and serial number. The CD
    drive letter will be bumped up one letter because of the RAM drive, keep
    that in mind when you "change drive" to the CD drive to run setup to
    install Windows.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Dec 21, 2004

  3. P.Wicker

    nmnm Guest

    tried that twice and still will not start up and is still asking for
    partition recover floppy

    nmnm, Dec 21, 2004
  4. P.Wicker

    Pennywise Guest

    |> tried that twice and still will not start up and is still asking for
    |> partition recover floppy

    use Fdisk /mbr - WK2 or greater use fixmbr

    Pennywise, Dec 21, 2004
  5. P.Wicker

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Format will do the job.
    If you are installing XP boot from the install CD and use it to delete existing partitions.

    -Barry
    ========
    "I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for
    their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
    in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    [A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

    Barry OGrady, Dec 21, 2004