Removal of Google Earth Software

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by [email protected], Oct 18, 2006.

1. suzngr@comcast.net

[email protected]

I can seem to be able to remove the Google Earth Software program with the removal program.

I keep getting this message: Setup.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.

No other options available.

So now what can I do? I need the room on my laptop. Only installed this program as a lark and now I'm being haunted by a removal "Hawk".

Please advise, in beginner terms please.

Thanks,
    Suz

[email protected], Oct 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. suzngr@comcast.net

JimmyD

Hi Suz,

Try reinstalling Google Earth first, then un-install. It is quite common for uninstall to fail if files are missing, or have become corrupted. Re-installing will put everything back, and typically will allow the un-install to go through.

In particular most programs create a file that lists all the files that are installed, and where they are located, and the registry entries that were made during the installation. The un-installer uses this information to un-install these files, and remove the registry entries.

Hope this helps,

Jimmy

JimmyD, Oct 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question