Remotely access a firewalled windows 2000 server from home?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MethodX, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. MethodX

    MethodX Guest

    At my place of work, there is a Windows 2000 server that I would like to
    access from home. I do have admin access to this server, as well as physical
    access, but the entire network is behind a very tight firewall, which I have
    no access to. My question is this: What possible methods could I utilize
    that would allow me to use the files on this server from home? I have no
    problem with loading any 3rd party software on a computer that has access to
    this server from within the network, but if possible I would not like to
    modify the server at all.

    This computer from within the network could be operational 24 hours a day if
    the only possible way of accessing from home would be to initiate the
    connection from work first. But I will not pretend I have any expertise in
    this area of work, I do not.

    Having the ability to directly manipulate my documents on the server from my
    office computer, as well as my home computer would make things much easier
    for me.

    Any help or suggestions would be great.
    Thanks.

    MethodX, Feb 26, 2004

  2. MethodX

    Dan Shea Guest

    GoToMyPC oughta work. See www.gotomypc.com. More importantly, I would
    strongly recommend you advise your IT department that you're
    installing remote access software.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004