Remote Selector

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Brown, Feb 27, 2005.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    Under Win XP Pro SP2, I've been trying to use Remote Selector
    <http://www.remoteselector.com/index.html>. (The page uses
    Javascipt-based navigation, sad to say.)

    This is an unsupported freeware product, so I'm hoping someone in
    these groups has some experience with it and can help me.

    I have Power DVD, which is listed as a supported player. Remote
    Selector auto-senses Power DVD, and the "Start Player" button
    starts it up. But none of the commands on the Remote tab seem to do
    anything when I double-click them.

    I tried configuring Up, Down, Left, and Right as keyboard commands
    and enabling keyboard, but when I pressed the designated keys the
    DVD menu didn't respond. (If I use the Power DVD icons for up,
    down, left, and right, the cursor does move around the DVD menu.)

    I've read the Documentation file on the Web site, but it didn't
    address this problem. What obvious thing am I missng?

    Stan Brown, Feb 27, 2005