    I have heard that "goToMyPc" can do this, but it also costs $25 a month!
    Any other ones?

    Cheers!

    hellrazor, Oct 11, 2005

  2. hellrazor

    John Holmes Guest

    hellrazor blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    pcAnywhere

    John Holmes, Oct 11, 2005

  3. hellrazor

    why? Guest

    Did you try it, if it works it seems a small price.
    That's just swapping aroung the client / server end, or do you mean
    during a single session?

    Why not PCA, with the software on both ends.

    Have you looked at RealVNC, it's free and you can have the client /
    server on each PC.
    Me

    why?, Oct 11, 2005
  4. hellrazor

    hellrazor Guest

    Problem arises when people are behind firewalls, routers, and such and I
    have to talk them through: 1. finding / accessing their router settings,
    2.finding the right settings page, 3. entering the port info to forward,
    etc...

    I have found a solution that lets me bypass firewall / router
    configurations.

    -Install UltraVNC (or any other VNC Server) in the client's machine
    -Install EchoVNC. This lets the client connect to a 3rd party "echo" site.

    http://echovnc.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/1.html

    it works very well, although there's still some talking through the setup
    steps (i.e., not completely idiotproof!). It's pretty straight forward to
    document the steps though.

    hellrazor, Oct 11, 2005
  5. hellrazor

    why? Guest

    I should hope so.
    Screen shots as a slide show.
    Really, that sounds more like a call out fee to configure the
    'security' appliance :)
    Interesting, didn't know about them. 3rd party is safe?

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Oct 11, 2005
  6. hellrazor

    hellrazor Guest

    You can also set up your own "echo" site, as per the documentation, but I
    haven't looked into it... also, you can encrypt the communications it
    says.. this is to be used in-house for now, and later on, for some
    clients.

    hellrazor, Oct 11, 2005
  7. hellrazor

    hellrazor Guest

    That is a big hassle, considering the amount of firewall software, router
    configurations out there. With My EchoVNC way, they just have to install
    the software, enter a user ID and run it!

    hellrazor, Oct 12, 2005
  8. hellrazor

    why? Guest

    Sounds worth a try then.
    I suppose it all depends on your point of view, the last FW I setup
    Cisco PIX 501 , has 4 simple rules

    allow dns
    allow vpn-server1
    allow vpn-server2
    deny everything else.

    Until the clients kick off the VPN connection on the PC, nothing except
    DNS works.

    Of course the VPNs have authentication, a huge FW, proxy servers etc. So
    nothing is required locally.

    Me

    why?, Oct 12, 2005
  9. hellrazor

    joel.haspel Guest

    You may want to check out our software at www.plethoratech.com. It
    provides PC and server remote control across firewalls and NAT
    configurations without any user configuration, with complete encryption
    (256-bit FIPS 140-2 validated
    AES) and centralized control. Also includes messaging, file transfer,
    and tunneling to enable third-party admin tools you may have. Let me
    know if you'd like more info.

    Thanks,
    Joel Haspel
    Plethora Technology