    it is running.

    Any ideas? Different port? Special mstsc?

    Andre

    Guest, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Check that there isn't a firewall restriction. Then check the Group Policies
    that apply to that machine.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Any takers?

    problem still exists

    Andre

    Guest, Aug 2, 2005
  4. Guest

    Mike Guest

    Hi,
    I'm using XP Pro. On the client, in the remote connection setup, I had
    to log on to the host as a user that exists on the the host. On the host
    I had to add this user to the remote desktop user group. Maybe you need
    to do this ?
    I also connect specifying the port, 3389.

    Hope this helps

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 2, 2005
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I can't even get the terminal session login window to pop up. Immediatly
    errors out. Almost like the service was stopped.

    Andre

    Guest, Aug 2, 2005
  6. Guest

    Mike Guest

    This newsgroup might be able to help :

    Microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

    Mike

    Mike, Aug 2, 2005
  7. The problem isn't x64, whatever it is, since we're all doing this here quite
    happily. Whatever the source, it's a general configuration issue. I still
    think it's a firewall issue -- keep in mind that TS uses different ports than
    any of the things you're describing as working. I suggest you try over on the
    "work_remotely" newsgroup. That's where the TS folks hang out.

    One last thought -- what chipset is being used on the x64 server? If it's
    nVidia, you could be getting nailed by the bug in nVidia's built in firewall.
    Unless you install the firewall software, and then un-install it, you can
    have problems.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 3, 2005