    some advise as what to put down on the "cram sheet"
    Any advice?
    Graham

    louscannon, Mar 9, 2006

  2. louscannon

    MitchS Guest

    Hot of the press from your local help and support:

    Differentiating between Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance

    Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance use the same underlying technology, but
    there are differences between these features.

    Remote Desktop allows you to have access to a Windows session that is
    running on your computer, when you are at another computer. For example, you
    can use Remote Desktop to connect to your work computer from home, and have
    access to all of your applications, files, and network resources, as though
    you were sitting in front of your computer at work.

    Remote Assistance allows a helper, for example, a friend, to use an Internet
    connection to access your computer to provide assistance. The helper sees
    your computer screen and communicates through a chat box. If you give
    permission, the helper can remotely control your computer to resolve a
    problem.

    In the future, I would suggest checking help files, microsoft.com, and
    Google for these types of questions. Much quicker and you will usually run
    across other interesting tidbits in your intellectual quest.

    MitchS, Mar 9, 2006