    Have these problems been resolved ?
    PS: At a N. Calif, mega-store " Comp USA, the price was around $600 for
    the printer alone, sans tax, etc.

    Jesus H. Christ, Nov 2, 2003

  2. Geez, Lou eeze -- whadda _you_ care about cost and longevity? :->

    Phil Stripling, Nov 2, 2003

  3. Jesus H. Christ

    Bill Hilton Guest

    From: "Jesus H. Christ"
    Ask your Dad, he has all the answers.

    Bill Hilton, Nov 3, 2003
  4. Jesus H. Christ

    Jerry C. Guest

    JHC,

    While the dye inks in your printer have had some scare stories about
    prints fading quickly, the photo paper that you use can help you with
    print longevity. Canon's Photo Paper Pro is their best and most
    expensive. It also has the longest print longevity. I believe one lab
    estimated it's useful longevity at approximately 27 years, if stored in
    an album, framed under glass, or otherwise under optimal conditions.
    This compared with 10 years, 5 years, or even less with other papers.

    Many pro photographers that are most concerned with print longevity will
    choose a pigment ink printer such as the Epson 2200. That however is a
    couple hundred dollars more and is much s-l-o-w-e-r, but also has more
    good choices of different kinds of photo paper. If you're not a pro
    selling big bucks prints to clients that expect them to last for years,
    you will probably be quite happy with the i9100. I faced the same
    questions and chose the Canon S9000, which is the predecessor to the
    i9100. If I had different personal usage criteria, I might have chosen
    the Epson 2200.

    Jerry Cipriano

    Jerry C., Nov 4, 2003