    Can you delete it as don't really want it as takes up a lot of room hope
    some one knows.

    Cheers tim

    Timbo, Jul 18, 2010

  2. Timbo

    chuckcar Guest

    "Timbo" <> wrote in
    news::

    > Reinstalled window 7 fine but want to know do you leave the (old window
    > file) on the pc ???.
    >
    > Can you delete it as don't really want it as takes up a lot of room hope
    > some one knows.

    Do you mean the windows *directory*? If so, yes. It's a backup of the last
    installation. This is assuming that you didn't upgrade from another version
    of windows.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 18, 2010

  3. Timbo

    VanguardLH Guest

    Timbo wrote:

    > Reinstalled window 7 fine but want to know do you leave the (old window
    > file) on the pc ???.
    >
    > Can you delete it as don't really want it as takes up a lot of room hope
    > some one knows.

    And that would be a full install (retail or OEM) or an upgrade install?
    And just what is the "old window file"?

    The Microsoft communities for Windows 7 are found at:
    http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/w7itpro

    VanguardLH, Jul 19, 2010