    the correct fix is described here:

    Image Previews Not Displayed in Windows Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;192573

    Michael, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Michael

    °Mike° Guest

    The commands will have done no harm. You just requested that
    the files following the /i be installed (registered). They probably
    already were.

    Try the following fix for your jpg preview. Copy/paste the following
    into notepad, and save as a .reg file. Merge into your registry and
    reboot.

    ***** <-- omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg]
    @="jpegfile"
    "Content Type"="image/jpeg"

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\ShellEx]

    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
    @="{7376D660-C583-11d0-A3A5-00C04FD706EC}"

    ***** <-- omit this line

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Michael

    Michael Guest

    Good to know no harm was done - the MS support page I referenced gave a
    registry fix for the problem. Thanks for your time.

    Michael, Sep 4, 2003