    that resizes the screen, and seemed to crash µtorrent, but I am not sure.

    Is it a registry problem? Can I reset all windows to default startup
    positions somehow?

    anthonyberet, Jul 29, 2007

  2. anthonyberet

    Pennywise Guest

    Yes, No, Maybe... seeing as another profile works. you might just be
    better off creating a new profile.

    How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile

    Then run ERUNT so if it happens again you can go back to a normal
    system faster. http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

    Pennywise, Jul 30, 2007

  3. anthonyberet

    Zadok Guest

    Right click on the "tile on the taskbar of the app" and select "move".
    Hold down the shift key and use the arrow keys to bring the window
    into view. Release the keys and hit "enter". Make check payable to
    Zadok. Let us know how you did.

    -- Zadok
    ('¿')

    Zadok, Jul 30, 2007
  4. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    Thank you very much. That worked on Windows Live Messenger.
    µtorrent mysteriously improved on its own.
    Irfanview Thumbnails is the same, or different, if you catch my drift.

    anthonyberet, Jul 30, 2007
  5. anthonyberet

    anthonyberet Guest

    I tell a lie. I have been able to fix irfanview too. Ta muchly.

    anthonyberet, Jul 30, 2007
  6. anthonyberet

    Zadok Guest

    de nada

    -- Zadok
    ('¿')

    Zadok, Jul 30, 2007
  7. anthonyberet

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 23:59:56 +0100, anthonyberet wrote:

    4 group x-post trimmed to 24HSHD from
    24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows-xp,alt.os.windows.xp
    IIRC there are some registry entries for windows positions, perhaps
    something you don't want to mess with.
    <snip>

    You may also consider trying a virtual desktop manager. It will move
    windows off the visible area into visible desktop.

    Not used it much, but it does have the usual cascade / tile but on
    virtual desktops which may help.

    Others,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_desktop

    You could always buy ReflectionX solves the same problem as you
    describe, it comes with a nice virtual desktop but it's very expensive.
    (It's for XWindows and lots of file transfer / terminal emulations)

    Another option my nvidia software also has the same but it was free with
    the video card driver download.

    Me

    why?, Jul 30, 2007