  1. Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
    voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
    Software?

    Georg Schwarz, Jan 14, 2006

  2. Georg Schwarz

    Jono Guest

    Georg Schwarz wrote:
    || Can one create an account with Voipbuster.com, Voipcheap.co.uk,
    || voipstunt.com, or netappel.com without using their MS-Windows-based
    || Software?
    || --
    || Georg Schwarz http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/
    || +49 178 8545053

    Not that I'm aware of.

    Jono, Jan 15, 2006

  3. Georg Schwarz

    BlueRinse Guest

    You can create the account using their software and then use the account
    without their software, but I guess you have to usse the Windows phone
    once to register.

    I received a recent mailing from voicebuster saying they gave everyone a
    free local phone number. I put them back on my box and then the next day
    there was a message from them saying that the account credit expires in
    such and such a time and to put more money in.

    BlueRinse, Jan 15, 2006
  4. I suspect that the software does little more for registration than
    calling some specific URLs. If these were known one could probably
    register with a browser.

    Georg Schwarz, Jan 15, 2006
  5. Georg Schwarz

    Franc Zabkar Guest

    FWIW, I haven't been able to get Voipbuster to work with an xTen Lite
    softphone although others claim to have done so. Nor have I been
    successful with Voipcheap, although both Voipstunt and Sipdiscount are
    OK. I notice that all four providers require me to allow server mode
    in my firewall settings, but only when using their Win XP software.
    Perhaps there's a clue there.

    - Franc Zabkar

    Franc Zabkar, Jan 17, 2006